Intel announces “most powerful mobile processors ever”
Intel has launched “the most powerful generation of Intel Core mobile processors ever,” the new 9th Gen mobile H-series processors, designed for gamers and creators who want to push their experience to the next level.
The 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors deliver desktop-calibre performance in a mobile form factor and feature the fast, reliable wireless with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+); the versatile wired connectivity with Thunderbolt 3; and support for Intel Optane memory technology.
At the top of the stack is the 9th Gen i9-9980HK processor, the first Core i9 mobile processor with up to 5 GHz with Thermal Velocity Boost, 8 cores and 16 threads, and supporting 16MB of Intel Smart Cache.
The processors are designed to deliver:
- Up to 33% overall performance leap compared with a 3-year old PC
- Up to 28% increased responsiveness
- Continuous performance optimisation with Intel Dynamic Tuning for all types of laptops.
The processors deliver AAA gaming performance with total mobility, even while recording and streaming with optimised performance on battery and Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), based on the latest Wi-Fi standard.
Gamers will be able to:
- Play AAA titles with up to 56% FPS improvement.
- Experience up to 38% faster turn time on games like Civilization 6.
- Game, record and stream and broadcast HD live streams up to 2.1 times faster, gen-over-gen.
- Break the WiFi gigabit barrier with almost three times faster throughput and up to 75% latency reduction when paired with Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) routers.
Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage provides responsiveness with the capacity of a QLC NAND SSD, speeds application and content loading, and Thunderbolt 3 enhances home and office creation via fast single-wire access to multiple 4K monitors, additional external storage and system charging.
9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors will deliver:
- Up to 54% faster 4K video editing versus a 3-year-old PC.
- Up to 63% faster content creation versus a 3-year-old PC via Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage versus a standalone TLC NAND SSD.13
Intel Wi-Fi 6 lets you share your 10GB multimedia files in less than one minute (almost three times faster than standard 2×2 AC Wi-Fi).
“Our new 9th Gen platform is designed to delight gamers, creators and performance users by giving them more of what they want,” says Intel premium and gaming laptop segments general manager Fredrik Hamberger.
“We are bringing desktop-calibre performance with up to 5Ghz and 8 cores in a range of thinner systems and a new level of connectivity with Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) so users can game or create where they want.”
New additions to the 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processor family were also introduced.
The desktop processor lineup now includes more than 25 total products with options ranging from Intel Core i3 up to Intel Core i9.
The family also brings Pentium Gold and Celeron products to market for entry-level computing.
New capabilities include:
- Up to 47% more FPS while gaming.
- Up to 2.1 times faster video editing compared with a 5-year old PC for 4K and 360 video editing experiences.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) with gigabit Wi-Fi speeds delivering almost three times faster than standard 2×2 AC, and 40% faster than Intel Wireless-AC (Gigabit).
- Up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5GHz maximum turbo frequency, up to 16 MB Intel Smart Cache and up to 40 platform PCIe lanes.