TCL enters smartphone market with three new devices
A new player is entering the Android smartphone market as TCL Communication is debuting its first series of TCL-branded smartphones, the TCL 10 Series, set to hit Aussie shores in the second quarter of 2020.
This lineup of Android devices will use TCL-made high-resolution displays and the company's NXTVISION visual technology, and each device will come with a quad rear-camera setup, Qualcomm Snapdragon processors for under $900.
The 10 Series includes TCL's first 5G smartphone and the company's first device that uses a TCL-made curved AMOLED display.
“Expanding the TCL brand into the mobile space ensures that we are one of the only global manufacturers that offers a fully integrated ecosystem of smart products in virtually every aspect of your life,” TCL Industrial Holdings CEO Kevin Wang.
“This makes it possible for us to provide our customers with a wide range of products capable of working seamlessly together, and do so more affordably than everyone else.
Each of the TCL 10-Series smartphones takes advantage of TCL's tightly integrated ecosystem by using TCL-built screens and TCL NXTVISION, a proprietary advanced display and camera visual technology.
TCL claims its display technology generates cutting-edge colour accuracy so users cannot see a perceivable difference between real life and the images on the screen.
The 10 Series also has an SDR to HDR real-time conversion feature, providing HDR-like video enhancement with brighter highlights, darker shadows, increased contrast and amplified colour.
TCL 10 5G
- Snapdragon 7-series 5G SoC, it delivers increased data bandwidth for faster uploads, downloads and upgraded Wi-Fi connection stability.
- 6.53-inch FHD+ ‘Dotch' display (meaning there is a camera cutout in the upper left corner), providing a 91% screen-to-body ratio.
- Quad-camera setup on the rear that includes a 64MP high-resolution main camera, a 118-degree ultra-wide-angle camera, a macro camera that lets users take super close-up shots at only 2cm away, and a depth camera for professional quality photos with Bokeh.
- Front-facing 16MP camera which automatically combines four pixels into one to produce brighter selfie photos and improve low-light capabilities.
- Battery supports a full day of phone use, with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging technology and reverse charging.
- 2020 iF Design Award- and 2020 Red Dot Award
- 6.47-inch FHD+ curved AMOLED display that includes Edge Bar shortcuts to access apps one-handed.
- A fingerprint scanner on the display that sits under the screen.
- Netflix-certified to stream HDR10 videos.
- Four rear cameras, including a 64MP high-res camera, 2.9μm big pixel low-light video cam, 123-degree super wide-angle camera and macro camera, as well as a 24MP front-facing camera.
- Hybrid autofocus solution. Super low light video and super wide-angle video capabilities for high-quality creative video content.
- Ember Gray and Forest Mist Green colour options
- 6GB RAM with a Qualcomm Snapdragon665 processor that comes with an AI platform.
- 6.53-inch FHD+ Dotch display with a 91% screen-to-body ratio.
- Four rear cameras, along with a 16MP front camera that are all powered by AI technology.
- Stop Motion video, enabling fun and creative stop motion video directly with the phone without post-editing needed.
- Arctic White and Mariana Blue colour options
All phones also include:
- TCL designed user interface.
- Eye care modes such as Adaptive Tone, Reading Mode and Eye Comfort Mode.
- Smart Key – a dedicated, customisable button to activate apps as well as functions such as cleaning up background apps.
- The ability to connect up to four Bluetooth speakers or headphones at a time.