Panasonic launches new, smarter security camera range
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Panasonic has announced the launch of its new U Series security camera range.
The new range uses new technology to ensure longer recording times and requiring less hard drive space for video storage.
“The U Series is an important addition to our growing security solutions portfolio, underpinned by our reputation for market-leading reliability, and promise of quality and functionality,” says Panasonic Australia security solutions product marketing manager Clare Goldstein.
“The ease of mounting, high video quality and excellent night vision of the U Series presents an excellent opportunity for our customers to establish new monitoring systems or upgrade existing systems while taking advantage of longer recording with less use of storage space.”
- WV-U2132L 2-megapixel iA (Intelligent Auto) H.265 Varifocal ‘Indoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U2532L 2-megapixel iA H.265 Varifocal ‘Outdoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U1532L 2-megapixel iA H2.265 Varifocal ‘Bullet’ Camera
The three products offer Full HD 1080p at 30fps, colour night vision (0.006 to 0.1 lx) and incorporate Super Dynamic 120dB for image capture at day or night.
Auto speed shutter control also allows the capture of fast-moving objects under challenging and dynamic environments.
The Intelligent Auto (iA) technology ensures dynamic optimisation of key camera settings during day or night, by monitoring scene dynamics and motion and reducing distortion such as motion blur from moving objects.
Two fixed models equivalents are also available:
- WV-U2130L 2-megapixel iA H.265 Fixed ‘Indoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U2530L 2-megapixel iA H.265 Fixed ‘Outdoor Dome’ Camera
The complete U Series range also includes:
- WV-U2140L 4-megapixel iA H.265 Fixed ‘Indoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U2142L 4-megapixel iA H.265 Varifocal ‘Indoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U2540L 4-megapixel iA H.265 Fixed ‘Outdoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U2542L 4-megapixel iA H.265 Varifocal ‘Outdoor Dome’ Camera
- WV-U1542L 4-megapixel iA H.265 Varifocal ‘Bullet’ Camera
Each of these additional cameras delivers between 2-4-megapixel images up to 30fps and colour night vision (0.019 to 0.3 lx), while still providing low light performance in true colour; with low noise for night time applications and incorporating Super Dynamic 102dB to ensure clear images of a walking person, during both day and night.
All security cameras in the U Series range benefit from H.265 Smart Coding technology, which ensures bandwidth efficiency is intelligently increased for longer recording and less storage.
Self-learning Region of Interest (ROI) encoding (Auto VIQS) detects movement within the image and compresses the areas with little motion, in order to reduce transmitted data while maintaining the quality of the image.
The U Series security camera range is available to Australian customers from May 2020 via BGW Technologies.