Scality announces additions to senior executive team as demand in APAC grows
Scality has expanded in APAC and EMEA regions with several strategic hires to create a robust senior executive team.
According to the company, the move reflects current industry growth for large-scale hybrid and multi-cloud storage, with analysts predicting large enterprises will triple their unstructured data stored as file or object storage by 2024.
Building on a record-breaking Q4 and 30% year-over-year annual growth in 2020, Scality is bolstering its dedicated sales and support teams for leading companies globally with a slate of executive hires.
The new hires are:
- Brett Lobwein, regional sales manager for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), who joins Scality following five years in senior manager positions at HPE and Commvault.
- Oleg Kokotovic, senior sales engineer for A/NZ, who brings with him 20 years of solutions architect and technical pre-sales experience at companies including Fujitsu, HPE, IBM and NetApp.
- Christoph Storzum, regional director for DACH, who joins Scality following 15 years at Dell EMC.
- Michel Schipperijn, regional sales manager for the Netherlands and the Nordics who brings 20 years sales leadership experience, most recently at Cohesity.
- Israel Serrano, regional sales manager for Southern Europe, who joins Scality following 20 years in the storage industry at Infinidat, NetApp and HPE.
- Bhaskar Peruri, regional sales manager for the Middle East and India, who brings 15 years experience in IT, sales and management, including roles at InfoVista and Silver Peak.
In addition to these hires, Scality continues to grow its customer solutions engineering team across the globe, and the company now supports customers in 45 countries.
On the growing demand for storage solutions, Scality highlights IDC research which shows that as data continues to grow at exponential rates, an estimated 80% of it consists of unstructured data.
As a result, oganisations across industries are looking to file and object storage solutions on private and public cloud for cost-effective, quick and secure access to their repositories of data.
At the same time, investment in AI, automation and other digital initiatives is rising, driving demand for on-premises all-flash object storage.
A recent report by ESG and Scality found 77% of businesses report on-premises all-flash object storage is essential for successful digital transformation, providing high-performance, massive capacity and comprehensive data protection at scale.
Scality vice president, EMEA and APAC, Eric Leblanc, says, “To meet the growing demand for large-scale hybrid and multi cloud solutions to support modern digital initiatives, we're investing in people who will support our customers, strengthen channel partnerships and generate further success in these regions.”
Underscoring the company’s growth to date, Scality was classified as excellent in the Leaders League directory for IT leaders for expertise in digital transformation and data storage solutions.