Cohesity announces integrated, automated disaster recovery
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Cohesity is set to release a new integrated, automated disaster recovery solution: Cohesity SiteContinuity.
In a statement, the company claims this is the only web-scale, converged solution to protect applications across tiers, service levels, and locations on a single platform.
This new solution is integrated with the company’s backup and continuous data protection capabilities and aims to help companies ensure data is not lost, applications are available, costs are reduced and that strict service-level agreements (SLAs) are met.
The statement highlights a study published by the Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG); when respondents were asked if their actual recovery times met their pre-established SLAs, 78% stated they are unable to “always” meet their objectives and 33% said they “sometimes” or “rarely” meet these objectives.
With Cohesity SiteContinuity, organisations can recover a single file, critical business application, or an entire data centre, automating recovery operations spanning across application tiers and on-premises and public cloud environments.
It simplifies the management of hybrid and multi-cloud IT environments with numerous applications running across multiple tiers with varying service levels during the course of normal operations.
The solution provides:
- Simplified operations – Consolidate backup, continuous data protection and automated disaster recovery on a single platform, managed through one global UI and a unified policy framework, across application tiers, service levels, and environments.
- Near-zero application downtime and data loss – Automatically orchestrate failover and failback of a single application or an entire site, ensuring minimal data loss and downtime as business applications are rapidly recovered in a disaster scenario.
- Flexible recovery – Journal-based recovery helps to meet varying service levels across application tiers by restoring to any point in time before the disaster hit, on-premises or to the public cloud.
- Machine learning-based ransomware detection and recommendation – At the time of failover and/or restore, Cohesity Helios’ machine learning algorithm helps identify a clean point in time to restore.
- Disaster testing – Meet DR compliance objectives with end-to-end automated non-disruptive disaster recovery testing, including complete audit trail reporting.
- Reduced TCO – Reduce costs by converging backup and DR. Further reduce data footprint and costs with global variable-length deduplication and compression across workloads. Additionally, there is no need to deploy dedicated virtual machines to support the recovery of each ESXi host.
- Limitless scalability – The underlying web-scale architecture of the Cohesity platform enables organisations to scale BCDR capabilities limitlessly.
“With the increased frequency and cost of cyberattacks, a robust set of disaster recovery processes combined with proven technology have never been more essential," says ESG senior analyst Christophe Bertrand.
"Organisations should look for ease of use, automation and the ability to truly control their data recovery and application availability service level agreements. Cohesity's web-scale converged backup and disaster recovery solution is timely and offers a comprehensive set of capabilities to take on disaster recovery challenges.”
This solution will be generally available in the fourth quarter of the calendar year 2020.