The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) and its technology partners have released a new website dedicated to supporting Australia's SMBs as the country transitions to remote working.
The site, Australian Business Continuity, provides free practical tools, including advice on how to best use teleworking services.
Minister for Industry, Science and Technology, the Hon Karen Andrews MP, says the new site offers clear and targeted information to support businesses using alternative work arrangements and new technologies during this period.
“The new hub sees industry working together to keep our businesses running, with the AIIA partnering with Microsoft, Cisco, ServiceNow, Adobe, Telstra, Google, Facebook, SAP, Salesforce and others to provide guidance and free access to tools for video-conferencing, virtual meetings and other remote business services.
The website collates offers, advice and resources from across these technology providers to create a central hub for companies who are figuring out how to come to grips with the major changes in work in the face of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 is changing everything about life and work as we know it.
“COVID-19 is changing everything about life and work as we know it. At Adobe, we're focused on how to best protect and support our families, employees, customers and communities in the face of this unfolding crisis,” says Adobe Australia and New Zealand managing director Suzanne Steele.
“We also recognise the critical role our technology plays in creative pursuits and business success. As such, coming together as a tech sector to help Australian businesses navigate these unprecedented challenges is essential.”
Through the site, you can access the following:
- Adobe is offering free 90-day access to Adobe Connect, new online resources for educators through the free Adobe Education Exchange portal, and providing students free personal in-home access to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Microsoft is providing Teams for free, and if you are a business that is not currently licensed for Teams, as a result of COVID-19, Microsoft has an offer of Office 365 E1 – including email, collaboration, cloud storage and office web apps - free for six months. Education Institutions also have access to Office 365 A1 for free
- Cisco is providing free Webex including unlimited usage, support for up to 100 participants, toll dial-in and VoIP capabilities, as well as offering extended trial licences during COVID-19 for new customers of its security offer.
The site also provides links to valuable resources, including:
- Maintaining proper cybersecurity during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Accessing Australian federal support for businesses who have been affected economically
- General tips on providing the best remote working experience for employees