The team dedicated to global data literacy
The Data Literacy Project, a community aiming to make society fluent in data, is announcing the launch of its advisory board with eight key appointments.
The Advisory Board brings together global data leaders recognised for their knowledge in the field.
Their collective experience enables the Board to provide strategic counsel for every stage in an individual or organisation’s data literacy journey: from supporting education in schools and career development for young people, to rolling out data literacy programmes and designing the data strategies at some of the largest organisations in the world.
An essential skill in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, data literacy encourages people to ask questions of data and machines, build knowledge, make decisions and communicate its meaning with others.
The Data Literacy Project, which was launched in October 2018 by founding partners Qlik, Accenture, Cognizant, Experian, Pluralsight, Chartered Institute of Marketing, and Data to the People, aims to create a more data literate society and place data literacy at the heart of individual and organisational success.
The independent group of global data literacy leaders joining the Advisory Board will provide impartial, third-party strategic counsel and direction in support of the Projects three commitments:
- Inspiring major organisations globally to make data literacy an imperative,
- Creating the most accessible and comprehensive global data literacy educational resource ecosystem, and
- Empowering educational institutions globally to place data literacy into the mainstream curriculum.
"It is testimony to the immense importance of data literacy that we have brought together this group of influential data leaders to help us shape the roadmap that will enable the Data Literacy Project to deliver against its mission of creating a more data literate society," says Data Literacy Project advisory board chair and Qlik data literacy head Jordan Morrow.
"As the Project’s community continues to grow, their expertise and experience will be critical to ensure we"re able to practically support individuals and organisations in improving their data literacy."
The Board Members include:
- Rahul Bhargava - researcher and technologist specialising in civic technology and data literacy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Jane Crofts - founder of Data To The People and creator of Databilities
- Chantilly Jaggernauth - Qlik data literacy global head and Millennials and Data (#MAD) founder/CEO Jordan Morrow
- Data Literacy founder and CEO and University of Washington data visualisation theory instructor Ben Jones
- Experian thought leadership and data literacy head Paul Malyon
- VISA APAC CDO and data science head Meri Rosich
- DataPhi Communications CEO and former Pulitzer Prize-nominated The New York Times journalist Alan Schwarz