ConnectWise issues statement on co-founders’ arrest
FYI, this story is more than a year old
ConnectWise has issued a statement on the arrest of the company’s co-founder David Bellini.
According to an arrest warrant from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Bellini was arrested for a drug trafficking offence in Tampa, Florida on Sunday when he was found with 24.1 grams of Heroin and Fentanyl.
Bellini is now taking an indefinite leave from the company according to a statement from chief operations officer Jason Magee.
Greg Lalle, VP of international sales is set to continue his role as the executive sales leader for the company’s international division, reporting to David’s brother and fellow co-founder Arnie Bellini.
Magee notes that Bellini has been suffering from chronic pain for several years, turning to the substances as a result.
Magee’s full statement can be seen below;
“On February, 11, 2018 ConnectWise executive management became aware that David Bellini, co-founder and President of International, is facing health issues associated with the use of prescription and non-prescription pain medications. David has been suffering chronic pain for several years and has unfortunately fallen prey to overuse of these substances, resulting in potential charges – the outcome of which we cannot predict.
Our hearts go out to David and his children during this difficult time. The entire ConnectWise family looks forward to David’s return to health and well-being.
David will be taking an indefinite leave from the company. In the meantime, Gregg Lalle, VP of International Sales, will continue in his role as the executive sales leader for our International Division. He will report to Arnie Bellini in that capacity.
The ConnectWise executive team is broad and deep. We will continue delivering on our vision to provide the industry’s most comprehensive software ecosystem for technology teams.”
Fentanyl is a powerful prescription opioid that is used as pain medication, but the misuse of the drug has seen epidemic levels in recent years and has resulted in a number of overdoses, according to the White House.