Veritas expands cloud data protection with launch of NetBackup 10
Veritas Technologies has announced the launch of new technology to enable its strategy for cloud optimised Autonomous Data Management, that will simplify the way businesses manage data and automate protection from threats, such as ransomware.
At its Conquer Every Cloud 2022 event, the multi-cloud data management firm laid out its strategy for Autonomous Data Management, where NetBackup harnesses artificial intelligence and hyper-automation to self-provision, self-optimise, and self-heal in multi-cloud environments. This commitment was immediately reinforced by unveiling Veritas Cloud Scale Technology, a new generation of the industry-leading NetBackup architecture, modernised to operate at web scale.
The technology will be available with the newest version of the company's flagship NetBackup software.
Cloud Scale Technology
Veritas Cloud Scale Technology, powering NetBackup, will be the foundation that delivers this strategy. Cloud Scale Technology enables a containerised, programmable, and AI-powered microservices architecture that provides autonomous unified data management services across any cloud. The benefits of Cloud Scale Technology are first realised through the launch of NetBackup 10.
Powered by Cloud Scale Technology, NetBackup 10 is the industry's first cloud-optimised, at-scale data management solution that applies web scale technologies and automation to deliver more cost-effective, efficient and secure data management in multi-cloud environments.
Lowered TCO through cloud-optimisation
- NetBackup 10 features enhanced multi-cloud storage and orchestrated tiering capabilities, including deep support for Amazon Web Services and expanded support for Microsoft Azure, to reduce the cost of backup storage by up to 95%.
- NetBackups leading deduplication services have been upgraded to help further minimise its cloud footprint, while elastic multi-cloud compute services deliver the exact scale needed by businesses at the right time, further reducing costs.
- With support for all major Kubernetes distributions, NetBackup 10 now provides multi-cloud cross-platform recovery, allowing users to recover the data they want to any Kubernetes distribution.
Increased efficiency through simplified, automated operations
- NetBackup SaaS Protection is now integrated with NetBackup 10 to provide a single-pane-of-glass view of a customers entire data protection estate for governance and compliance purposes.
- NetBackup 10 includes a new fully integrated no-cost base version of NetBackup IT Analytics, formerly known as Veritas APTARE, to provide comprehensive artificial intelligence-driven analytics and reporting that streamlines data protection services and mitigates risks.
- NetBackup 10 features new automated detection and protection for more platform-as-a-service workloads, including Apache Cassandra, all major Kubernetes distributions and Microsoft Azure Managed SQL and Azure SQL.
Enhanced ransomware resiliency through integrated malware scanning
- NetBackup now provides automatic malware scanning during backups and prior to restores to ensure infection-free recovery of data.
- NetBackups already powerful, artificial intelligence-driven anomaly detection can now automatically initiate malware scanning. This combination of ransomware detection services in NetBackup 10 provides content-aware, granular flexibility that delivers rapid restoration of clean data.NetBackup 10 expands support for immutable storage, including Microsoft Azure Blob Storage.
"Veritas believes that it can solve the challenges of enterprises as they deal with the quantity and variety of workloads and data that they need to manage, by automating workflows for data management," the company says.
"Veritas is planning for a future where its technology is able to autonomously provision, optimise and repair data management services, while empowering end users to enable self-service data protection and recovery, freeing up IT staff to focus on strategic and transformational activity."