How to prepare contribution articles for publication on our sites
At Techday we offer paid options for organisations in the information technology (IT) eco-system to submit contributions.
Below are the specifications for those who have already booked a contribution and are about to submit the content.
These contributions are also described as bylines and occasionally guest posts, thought leadership or opinion columns.
Written contributions are thought leadership articles based on a relevant technology theme that resonates with our audiences. While we are open to contributions about most topics and trends, every submission must already be booked with your account manager and then meet our publication guidelines. They should not contain any promotion/mentions of brands or products.
Here are the criteria that contributed articles must meet. If any of these criteria are not met, we will need to come back to you for corrections, possibly delaying the publication.
- Must be a byline/thought leadership/opinion piece, not a press release
- With a length of between 400 and 1000 words
- Written by a thought leader who has expertise in the subject matter on a trend/development relevant to the niches covered by our sites
- Does not contain links in the body
- Is exclusive to Techday and will not be published/already published elsewhere
- Does not contain company name or product names in the body of the contribution
- That trademark and copyright symbols have been removed
- Written in the appropriate form of English (British/ American) to the region it is relevant for
- Written in a formal and authoritative tone that does not contain colloquial language or personal pronouns such as we, your, our.
Ideally, the article will be accompanied by a 1200 pixels wide x 677 pixels high image, although we can provide these from our stock photography partnership with Getty Images.
The author of the content will be credited at the beginning of the article like so: Article by Company, job title, John Doe.
Techday reserves the right to edit the content for clarity and brevity before publication.
If you have any further questions about this process, please contact our partnerships manager at email@example.com.